View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
JasonG
Master EcoModder

05 DMax - '05 Chevrolet 2500HD
90 day: 18.48 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
0.75 miles ? Even I would walk.

Does it have a DPF - that will cause more problems. She may get better FE with a small petrol instead - quicker to warm up perhaps.
Yes, its a 2012 VW TDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladogaboy View Post
The only reason I suggested the Segway was that most people would rather walk when the only other possibility is looking utterly ridiculous. I have a former cow orker who refuses to walk two blocks to work each day (and trust me, she needs the exercise), but at least she waits for another coworker to swing by and pick her up.
It amazes me sometimes. I failed to mention its .75 miles to the train, then she takes that to work. She won't walk it. Dunno, maybe hair messed up, that's the reason I suggested the UEV.

Buddy of mine dropped his wife at a grocery store then drove to their apt. About a mile for me to replace his breaks. Neighbor asks where she is and offers to go pck her up. The two of them used to live in NYC so were car-less for years. On top of that they spent a few years in Guyana. Like me, they don't mind a walk. She comes walking up with maybe 2-3 bags and neighbor goes into a big deal about "I would've picked you up since your car is broken!" When the neighbor leaves she looks at her husband and me and goes "Ehh, Americans ?" And takes the stairs to the 4th floor........

I can't understand why my MPG's are so low..........
21,000lb, 41' Toy Haulers are rough on FE!