View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
F8L
EcoModding Apprentice

F8L's 2012 Prius - '12 Toyota Prius Three with Solar Roof
90 day: 62.14 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
If you ever feel the urge to buy a Prius, rent one for a day or so.

You can hypermile a Beemer and make it sip like a Prius - well, sort of.
But you can't make a Prius handle like a Beemer
I disagree. Try a set of lowering springs, rear sway bar, and 17" wheels. after that it all comes down to who has the biggest sack. lol

Whoever said you cannot hypermile a Prius obviously knows nothing about the car. You can drive it normally and as long as you avoid lots of short trips you can easily achieve EPA ratings. Drive with a bit of care or stick to the freeway at speeds below 65mph and you should have no problem getting 50-55mpg per tank. Start hypermiling and 118mpg is the limit thus far. Ecomod it and hypermile it and tell us what you get. lol

Today I drove mostly freeway speeds of 65mph for 290 miles with a few stops in a national park and I ended the trip at 56mpg. It's really not hard to beat EPA in these things when you know how to take advantage of hybrid technology.

The current record tank
Prius New World Record: over 50km/L(117mpg) tank - CleanMPG Forums
2012 Prius Three with Solar Roof - Blizzard Pearl w/dark gray interior: Prius Plug-In 15" Wheels | Michelin Energy Saver A/S 195/65/15 tires | TRD Lowering Springs | WeatherTech FloorLiners | Scangauge II | Morimoto/DDM HIDs 5000K | Clazzio Leather Seat Covers | Best Tank: 71.7mpg@702miles | Best Trip: 95.9mpg@233miles