View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
bbd1254
EcoOhio

Turtle About to get myself a Jeep. MOD ADVICE NEEDED!

I am about to get myself a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. I do realize that this hog is for sure not made for Hypermiling, However i decided to accept this challenge. My long term goal is to double the EPA.
Im kind of young and never had someone to teach me so i don't know much about cars, however i do hope to learn.

To start off this thread i have a few questions. honestly im full of these and i hope you guys are willing to help me out and stick around through the whole transformation, as i plan to post lots of detailed pics, and possibly video updates as time goes on. Wish me luck guys.

1. Grill block...is this safe on a jeep? and how effective is this?(keep in mind im from ohio, however i do LOTS of traveling to VA and much farther south every month with business.)

2. Wheels...Bigger the better? or am i mistaken?

3. Lowering...Will lowering a jeep give me a noticeable increase in MPG?

4. Any tips as far as simple and or complex aero mods i could look into to improve my future MPG?

Thanks so much guys. Really looking forward to hearing any feedback from anyone with experience. It would be really cool to hear any success or failure stories from other jeep owners.

Like i said before, i hope you guys are willing to help me out here and stick around through the whole transformation, as i plan to post lots of detailed pics, and possibly video updates as time goes on. Wish me luck guys.
Hopefully next time you see me, ill be a proud owner of a gas guzzling BRICK and ready to start the process of beating the jeep EPA.

-Brandon

P.S. HERE SHE IS...