View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra-Orange
Fat free ranch for life!

Ecno-bubble - '96 Geo Metro Base
Rear facing camera wackiness!

Did my Kambakk this passed week. Opted for the longer/lower style. Unfortunately this played marry-havok with my rear visibility. I had a nice LCD display that I got in trade. quick search found a cheap camera on Amazon for $23. This being cheaper than Lexan/clear acrylic I opted to go this route (wanted a solid colored Kamback anyways).

So Get the Camera wire it all up.

Ok so. those of you old enough to remember Black and white or early color TVs will remember when you first turned them on you had to let them "Warm up" for a few seconds. Until they where warm the picture was all squigley and would roll horizontally or vertically until it warmed up. THIS is what my new system does, with one major difference. It does it for 10 or 15 minutes. After that it works PERFECT. Once or twice it has came on perfectly, but that's the exception, not the rule.

Since then I have gone back through all the connections, Replaced the RCA wire (Between the camera and the monitor), and tried three different ground locations (two on the body, one to the rear end light harness) with no luck. No difference at all.

I tried moving the camera down to the dash Ala-early corvette but it didn't work out well.

Now. I don't get along with electricity and wiring is not my friend. I'm calling all cars here. Is this a wiring issue that I'm overlooking? or did I just get hosed on the camera? All opinions/advice accepted!

Thanks in advance!