View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #31 (permalink)
320touring
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
You could ride either one of these.
1971 or 2011.

regards
Mech
Much as I'd love to, I'm not a fan of the concept of motorcycles.. my PERSONAL opinion is I dont like the lack of "buffer" should anything go wrong.

With the combinations of

S M I D S Y and the "gay power ranger" fanaticism over here, I wouldnt have any motorbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
There is an assumption in the second part of this that little or no regulation exists in the rest of the world - not so. Emissions regs, safety regs and so on exist all over the world - some are less strict than the US and some more.

With the exception of some vehicles (e.g. Tata Nano) most car makers try and make their vehicles suitable for all markets otherwise they end up having to spend money on modifications - e.g. as FIAT did to get the 500 into the US which was probably not considered when they designed it, unlike the BINI which was always destined for the US, India, EMEA and Far East - i.e. the world.
I've heard instances in Germany where people fitting a tech2 kit to their e30 ( a factory designed/made kit, that was an optional extra new) have to provide TUV certs FOR EACH Panel..

Quote:

As it uses less fuel the payback period will be much longer though, maybe you could get Excel out ? I think you also qualify for "alternative fuel vehicle" road fund tax which is £20 ?
an LPG adapter at £10 would allow me access to the whole of europe and their cheap LPG!

oooh, cheap roadtax is always good

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------