View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
HydroJim
Master EcoModder

Aerofocus (retired) - '00 Ford Focus ZX3
90 day: 44.66 mpg (US)

The Red Baron (sold) - '93 Geo Metro
90 day: 44.1 mpg (US)
I live in an apartment complex where there is a long road connecting all the parking lots of the towers. There is probably about 20 speed bumps from end to end and it's about 1/8th of a mile. Ontop of that, there is a lot of repair asphalt that is raised off the pavement that doesn't make the ride too comfortable. The speed limit is 10 and that is what I go through there. There are always kids playing, and lots of cars backing in and out of spaces. Yet, people insist on going 20 mph or more through there. I don't get why. Not only does it hurt their suspension, but why risk hitting something or someone. I just don't get it. If you're in that much of a rush to get to work, leave earlier and I'll never understand why anyone would be in a rush to get home. Since I started driving in December(just got my temps), whenever someone tailgates me excessively through there, I'll keep my speed under 5 mph. They can't pass because there is a center divider and it brings me so much satisfaction that I made their useless life so much worse.

I've seen the middle finger a lot, but I refuse to give it back because I will not play into the ignorance of the average american. One time, two people people were tailgating my sister and I while she was driving the speed limit to our apartment. After we parked, the fat couple pulled up behind us in their big SUV and stared at me as I got out of the passenger seat. I had just gotten out of baseball practice and had 2 bats with me. When the kept staring, I got one out and started walking toward the car(I'd say I'm pretty intimidating at 5' 11" and 185 pounds). As I got closer to the car, they drove away, so I never got to confront those obese idiots about what they were thinking. Someday, I'm going to get out of my car at a red light and ask the person behind me what their problem is. Then I'll tell you guys what is on "other drivers' minds"