View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #658 (permalink)
nlc
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Papa!!! HAHAHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes
Awesome! I've been studying sensorless, and it's not easy. But if you get everything just right, it can keep the d and q axis within about +/- 1 degree from 90.
I have not looked in detail the source code, but the ST algorithm seems to be really good. I looked in detail the current curve on phase 1 and the corresponding hall transition, it's really perfect, on all torque request, low or very high
I know the algorithm just use a state observer principle, it use the vbus measured voltage, alpha/beta measured currents, and alpha/beta phases voltages (not measured but with PWM value associated with vbus voltage).
It also needs the phase resistance and inductance, but I have not seen big difference in sensorless performance with differents values but same motor.

Quote:
I also finally figured out the space vector modulation. Now I think I can do all the software without having to look up any formulas or anything. Just do what makes sense mathematically from start to finish. Finally!
I also understood the FOC, but don't want for know to try by myself

Quote:
The driver section is basically done. It's going to drive from -8v to 15v or so.
-8V is good, and even mandatory for voltage > 150V, to avoid autoconduction.

Quote:
I've found some TO-247 plus igbts I think I want to use too. They're only $6 each. Rated for like 210 amps each, but I'll only run them at maybe 75 amps peak per device.
Interesting, I looked some week ago on all manufacturer but I haven't find such an igbt !! You don't want to give its reference ?

Quote:
The whole thing should be just maybe $400, but good to maybe 50kW I'm hoping.
The perfect AC controller, high perf, high reliability, and low price