View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
I have been using two cameras and two monitors for side view mirrors for several years now. My current monitors are LED backlit and their only issue is they have to be manually turned on every time I start the car. The cameras I now have are good -- if anything, you want as narrow an angle of view as possible -- ~100 degrees would be best. Because with super wide angle cameras, there is a lot of barrel distortion and judging distance is quite difficult. One way to compensate for this is to have a wide screen 16:10 monitor and 4:3 aspect camera. This "stretches out the horizontal sizes at least which helps you see things better.

As for warm up time -- they should come on quickly, with maybe a delay after you turn them on, but then work well. Flickering could be bad connections, or pinched wires -- watch out for shorts and blown fuses. I pinched a power cord -- they have the conductors concentric, and I melted wires and then blew a fuse so the car would not start. The wires have to not chafe and not be pinched.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
Ultra-Orange (02-06-2012)