View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
z3pilot99
EcoModding Lurker

Ford Focus - '12 Ford Focus 5 Dr - SE
90 day: 37.36 mpg (US)
I too have a Civic. Mine is 2006 EX coupe, 5 speed. Best is 41mpg. I have an Ultragauge. I found that very helpful. I have a number of ways I can get to work. I drive about 130 mile round trip to work. Last week I went every direction I could. I reset the average on the ultragage before I left each direction. I did this to check which way was the most efficient. There is only a mile or two difference from each way I can go. One way each direction stood out. I am back to driving the CRX HF this week. But, I am now going the ways the ultragauge indicated was the most efficient. My mileage has seemed to have improved. I will find out when I fill up tomorrow morning. In another thread someone mensioned that the hybrid under body panels would fit the standard Civic. I do not know if that is true. Since my civic is a coupe and hybrids are sedans it might make it less likely. The newer civic (+06) automatics are supposed to get better mileage than 5 speeds. In my civic a sweet spot is 58mph. I found that the two lane highways are best as I can do the 58mph and run with the flow instead of 58 on the freeway and impeed the flow of traffic. Stop lights and signs are almost non existant for most of my travel on the highways which helps a bunch too.