View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 06:20 AM   #661 (permalink)
nlc
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes
I also finally figured out the space vector modulation. Now I think I can do all the software without having to look up any formulas or anything. Just do what makes sense mathematically from start to finish. Finally!
I also understood the FOC, but don't want for know to try by myself
I omitted to say that for now I understood the FOC principle on PMAC motor but not completely on induction motor !!
On PMSM motor, the rotor flux comes from permanent magnets, it's easy to know the rotor flux position with hall sensors or encoder to adapt the stator flux position, but on induction motor the rotor flux is generated by induced current in the squirel cage. What I don't understand is how this induced rotor flux cannot be naturally 90° oriented relative to stator flux !?

When we look on the induction motor slip/torque characteristic, we can see that when we apply torque on the motor, the slip increases, torque increases, but when we request to much torque, when the slip increases, torque decreases, there is a maximum torque point on the curve.

So I believe the IFOC job is to alway apply the good voltage and frequency on the stator to alway have the appropriate slip and alway have the user requested torque positioned on the maximum torque point of the curve ? Am I right ?