View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 08:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
vtec-e
Master EcoModder

De Yaris - '04 toyota yaris T2
90 day: 69.55 mpg (US)
Newbie from Ireland

Hey guys. I've been lurking hrer for some time now so i decided to take the plunge and see if i can contribute anything useful to this site.
I'm a maintenance fitter and love tinkering. I drive a 1992 civic with a 1.5 vtec-e engine. With the addition of a belly pan and grille block i recently got a 4.16L/100k tank which is nice, given the state of the price of oil lately...
I have a small solar panel in the back window to keep the battery topped up. All the FAS'ing i do at night is probably not good for the battery. It's not much anyway so i dont expect problems. The car starts instantly since i put the panel on, so it's definitely helping. I'm sure i'm using a little less gas too....maybe
The kind of mods i like are the subtle ones. The last thing i need is hassle from an insurance company if i need to claim for whatever reason. Can you imagine the amount of explaining i'd have to do to tell them the mods were for mpg, not speed!! Anyway. I look forward to throwing around ideas with some like minded people here.

Ollie