Thread: Oregon commuter
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
visionary
Stick your neck out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
For simplicity and practicality, enclosed two wheeled vehicles will want to retain the tried and true motorcycle method of holding up a stationary vehicle with your feet.
Agreed.
Think about the number of times and duration of a "foot down" as a percentage of your journey duration - it warrants a simple and lightweight solution.

Quote:
enclosed two wheeler is always going to appeal to a motorcycle rider more than the general public
Let's see!
The general public may find enclosed two-wheelers quite acceptable when, and only when, they offer the same levels of comfort and safety as alternatives.

Quote:
I like Ken's Zing design a lot and it seems that many people are still trying take up where he has already abandoned.
That's their perogative.
Just because Ken judged this development route to be a cul-de-sac, should not preclude anyone else from having a go. Some, me included, are focussed upon the width of a vehicle, which provides some immunity from congestion, as a supplementary benefit to efficiency.

Quote:
DIY Hypermilers on a $2000 budget should look no further than a variation of Vetter's streamliner.
Opinion (mostly wrong)
I'm a big fan of Craig's work but I would advise most people to view it as a starting point for their own endeavours. Craig's distinctive style is not for everyone, his direction (seen through the rules of his contests) is way off the mark, and his self-imposed boundaries add little to progress in this arena.

Summary - Electictracer, if you think you are on the right path - then you are!
The Following User Says Thank You to visionary For This Useful Post:
Electictracer (02-10-2012)