View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #296 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
These are Michelin tires, I think. These panels come off the same way -- there are photos from New Zealand showing this. And I'm sure the basic chassis is tube steel and the shell is fiberglass (or carbon fiber). Some of the videos have brief glimpses of the car and the battery, etc.

I'm glad you will be able to see the car in person -- I hope you can get the side, front, and rear long angle photos that show the true shape.
My camera is a non-SLR with only 10X optical zoom,so no telling what I'll be able to pull off.If the cars park close together as they did at Weatherford,I may not get decent shots at all.
I have an old 35mm SLR film camera with interchangeable optics.I'll see if I can resurrect it.I think that film is still available.
I hope Michelin has improved on the old tire.I believe that pit-stops were mandatory at each 200-mile interval to allow for new rubber.
PS,I ran some numbers on the 1993 Honda Dream 2 and am going to do a separate post so everyone will have access to the figures.