View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #77 (permalink)
racerc2000
EcoModding Lurker

Elle - '10 Honda Element SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
starting with you last comment......

how about you read some posts on tire sizes .....then pull the placebo out of you XXX.

MAYBE you would learn that the 'yahoos' don't post on this forum and we use scangauge and gps to verify our miles traveled......we don't post it if we can't prove it.

And as far as tire size.......you keep quoting tires that are the same diameter.
If you read some of the posts on tires you'd see that generally there is room for a taller tire. Of course, you have to get down and look........

or

you could try to THINK.......nay.
so. you use a gps and scan gauge for every mile you travel or just when doing tests? I kind of like my car to work as intended. so if I placed taller tires on it ide have to recalibrate the spedo. I use fuelly to track my miles. and kinda like my car to show its real mileage.

will larger tires fit yes Im sure they will. but most people who put larger tires on an element add a lift kit. and why would I do that? my wheelwells are full as it is. most people go smaller diameter and lower it more.

one question I have though if your done feeling superior.

is taller always better? I was thinking shorter would infact be better with my setup if I wanted less sidewall which I dont. the 5 spd auto is over geared as it is. its under 2k rpm @60 and cant go on more then a 3% grade before downshifting. a taller tire would make this worse?