View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #123 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacMTSU View Post
It's funny how adamant everyone is about saying this is not possible, it's perpetual motion, etc. when it's really just adding a second source of fuel. It's not free energy. Also, I understand BSFC, dyno charts, efficiency, etc. I Have a B.S. in Aerospace Propulsion.
As for the "I'm not saying it works, I'm saying it works"... Really, I guess I should say that I don't think it is practical or even possible on a large scale, but at least there is a little bit of energy there to work with on a very small scale.
The Triumph TT600 was the first fuel injected sportbike, so maybe the system was not as refined as the newer fuel injection types.
Funny huh? Then as an engineer you can appreciate the fact that not only is hydrogen electrolysis endothermic, the energy recovery is on the order of 20%. To make 1 more hp from your bubbler, you have to supply 5 from your engine. How does that make sense?

All the gibbering about this stupid trash, and NO ONE CAN DOCUMENT ONE CASE OF IMPROVED POWER OR ECONOMY from these schemes. That's why this subject attracts derision and mockery, as I and many others ARE practicing engineers and understand why it doesn't work, theoretically and practically.