View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
TheDon
EcoModding Apprentice

Pepper - '87 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 30.42 mpg (US)

bam!...16" pizza @ $3.09 from wal mart, and it is made in the USA. I think I can just use a single bolt with a washer and nylock nut and call it a day.

it fits perfectly in the lip with no gaps. I found this out in the parking lot at wal mart while showing some random guy. He was like "what kinda mpg's you get in that tank". I said, "high 20's to 30's... -whips out pizza pan- and now will be aiming for 35-40!".. He didn't laugh but thought that was a good idea.

What sucks is the front wheels have clip on weights that would mean I have to cut the pan, but I need to get all 4 rebalanced anyways ( I have a weird vibration from the front left and I think the tires are not balanced correctly) and I'll have them put on stick on weights.

If I do the nut and bolt mount idea I won't have to make a hole to access the air valve stem( I have a factory set of tools with pliers) so I'd be good. Only thing I am worried about is overheating the front brakes and warping the discs, a common but not common occuring issue on these cars. They use solid front rotors.

so, what do you all think? Am I going the right direction. I have a lead on an AMG spoiler.

check this guys

though the 5 speed is a rare transmission someone did score one out in colorado, so they are out there. 4 speeds are more common than the 5.

check the airflow pic, my car is the 4 door so its not the same but the spoiler looks like it helps air flow

Last edited by TheDon; 05-26-2008 at 02:42 PM..