View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #128 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacMTSU View Post
It's funny how adamant everyone is about saying this is not possible, it's perpetual motion, etc. when it's really just adding a second source of fuel. It's not free energy.
I don't anyone is suggesting you can't run a ICE on hydrogen as energy carrier ... They did that decades ago ... it isn't hard ... the problem comes from where you get the energy to get the hydrogen ... it is when people suggest on vehicle electrolysis of water from the alternator that they violate known and proven laws of thermodynamics , and it is not possible as they describe it ... even in the narrow margin where electrolysis can be endothermic the required operating efficiencies are just not possible... without having a on vehicle hydrogen fusion reactor ... that we haven't been able to pull off at all ... much less that small.

Quote:
That was a typo... I meant it was using 1/8th of the fuel to maintain the same idle speed.
Quote:
Also, I understand BSFC, dyno charts, efficiency, etc. I Have a B.S. in Aerospace Propulsion.
Than you already knew before you posted the first part ... that 1/8 fuel at the same idle speed is insufficient data to determine operating efficiency to know if it is a loss or a benefit ... do you have the other yet missing data that would be needed to make that judgement?