View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
89 was the only available grade at the two stations within any reasonable distance.
It was the first time the Maxima had been on the road since last Sunday. At a 10 cent higher price than regular I figured it would be worth a try. If I get 10% better mileage then it's worth the difference in price. If I run all of the gas in the CBR 250 and get 10% better mileage the difference in distance using 15 gallons would be about 120 miles.

I will know in a week or two. Right now the fuel gauge which is 6 bars when full, drops to 5 after 15 miles, 4 after 50 miles, 4 after 100 miles, 2 after 135 miles, and 1 after 160 miles, so it will be fairly easy to tell the difference. Last 7 tank fulls on the bike varied by only 3 MPG, with the last lowest average tank due to mostly high speed Interstate riding.

I need to run it down to the last bar flashing this time, to get as much E0 in the tank as possible without risking cavitation in the fuel pump. Weather is not promising tomorrow but after that it looks good.

regards
Mech