View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
racerc2000
EcoModding Lurker

Elle - '10 Honda Element SC
lets start by replying to your repeat post.

the point was a 5% larger tire when talking about a 25" tire is a big diff when talking about a 28" tire. esp in weight. for me it goes from 29lb to 35lb.

you are telling me to read when you dont read yourself? I can plus size my wheels all I want. and yes I know all about the removing 1 lb rotating mass is the same as removing 10lb static mass. (on a time slip)

im very sorry if youve never had the luxury to obtain well made wheels. so this may come as a shock to you. but yes. the 19" wheels I am replacing my 18s with are both larger 19X9 and 19X10 as opposed to 18X7. and the 18X7 weights 32lb where the 19s are 19X9 20.5lb 19X10 20.9lb. yes it is a substantial decrease. not like the people who jump on pretty wheels that endup weighing 35lb+ in large sizes. and Ive also decided on tires 245/45-19 that weigh 4lb less then stock and 275/40-19s that match stock weight of 29lb. but thats what you get when they are forged wheels made in japan strictly for the 370z spec S package.

the point being I already told you in my other post that tires were decided on.

as for rubbing. I prefer to have my vehicles in full working order and not having issues like rubbing. and im not that bent on economy to destroy my car in the process. rubbing means you screwed up. there is a right way and wrong way to do mods. as well as a cheap way when you dont care about the car. I happen to care about mine.

as for the transition of the windshield to hood. you dont need better aero in that location so its expected you wouldnt know about it or suggest it to anyone.

and if you read my post you would see I did run tests already. and you believe me to be wrong. so "if you dont believe in my tests, your more then welcome to test it yourself"

Im not looking to convert my car to an economy car. Im looking to reduce some cd to reduce the velocity/drag limits. maybe an extra 10mph. and at the same time it will increase economy also.

and yes eco driving is much different then racing but. the fundamentals of a build are very similar. the biggest diff is in how you drive in the end.