View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
seanof30306
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
I have a similar problem with the converter.

If your vehicle is equipped with a Transmission Control Unit (or similar) that controls TC lockup, then it may be "confused".

On mine, if I engine off coast, the "Hill Logic Control" function tries to perform calculations of engine load, speed changes, and throttle input to decide on shifting (it doesn't have a way to tell that you're on a hill to hold the gear, other than performing calculations).

My theory: During EOC, the load value is 0 and the TPS is at stock minimum (9) and the speed is high. This brings the running average of the LOD and TPS values down significantly. It generally takes either time or deceleration for the TC to lock up. It also has fuzzy logic that tries to learn driving habits for shifting. That system is likely in a very "illogical" state.

To eliminate the problem, a complete engine-off without turning the key back to the "On" position should do it -- but you lose ABS (if equipped), turn signals -- and all that.

RH77
Again, resetting the PCM eliminated the converter lockup issue. It's been months, and it hasn't resurfaced again. I just don't coast with the engine off anymore.

The remaining problem has to do with warm restarts requiring me to floor the throttle.