View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
02ws6
EcoModding Apprentice

Havent made any updates in a VERY long time.. Rest assured though, that Ive been on this thing alot more in the last couple of months. I now know that I never again will I buy a pieced together car.. Im redoing damn near everything on this car.. Changed the front and rear engine compartment crossmembers. Also pinned the OBD-1 conversion harness that I bought off E-Bay last week. And scored a set of near mint CRX Si wheels. I hope to find something different but figured you never see these things with their actual factory wheels and for $80 why not? Ive just gotta buy tires to put on them now.

Its been getting pretty cold this week and between work, school and the Army Reserves Ive been pretty busy lately..

So far Ive replaced just about the entire suspension with what is pictured below.

I bought some Eibach Sportline springs and when I got home I just had to try them out.. lol

Will finish getting the engine together this coming weekend but this is what Ive got so far. Every seal, bearing, gasket and o-ring has been replaced. Even bought a new watertube (had to come from honda). Block has a fresh hone and cylinder head has milled, checked and stem seals replaced. Alot to do on a perfectly good motor but it did have over 240k on it when I bought from a young kid doing a H22 swap on his VX.

Thats a big change from how I got that Valve Cover..

Today the GF and I were driving along the highway and I just happened to spot the resource for a new bellypan. She thinks Im about crazy.. lol. None-the-less she helped out..

I really wanna have A/C on this car and have been debating on what to do with the climate control since the car doesn't have one at all.. I have this Accord CC that someone has started to convert and if done right can turn out nice.. I just want the simplest setup here and this doesn't seem to be it..

Hopefully Ill have more updates soon as this project has drug out way too long as of now.. And I don't even wanna talk about budget on this one. I know this will definately be a return on investment kind of thing but Im sure Ive got a couple dimes more than I should in this thing and am on the downhill of purchases to get it on the road but still have a way to go..

Last edited by 02ws6; 04-03-2012 at 08:03 PM..