View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #74 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD

Pacifica Hybrid - '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
90 day: 85.85 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,460 Times in 3,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
@ Redpoint, Lagoda and James - I agree with what you are tapping about sustainability. I don't believe we are at that limit yet but it is inevitible at some time in the future.
I find your comments to be very reasonable, and I am not the type to react strongly to to either side of the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Probably not the place for a discussion, but I've been thinking that the world needs a new religion. If you've been following the news about the Church reaction to possibly having to cover birth control in their insurance plans, well, why shouldn't a religion for the world we live in consider NOT using birth control as being a sin? Or other sorts of environmental destruction?
All discussions involve philosophy, and I find your proposal interesting. That said, it should not be a requirement of insurance to cover birth control. It's fine to include it as an optional covered item, but to require it is unethical. People don't have the right to consequence free sex, and people don't have the right to impose their "religion" (requiring insurance to include birth control) on someone else. While I disagree with the Catholic Church's view on birth control, I validate their concern with being forced to support something which you are fundamentally against, especially when it does not directly relate to health.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!