View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
CaneyJ
EcoModding Lurker

The Silver Slug - '02 Volkswagen Lupo TDI Sport
90 day: 61.65 mpg (US)
Thanks, I've kept an eye on Vekke and his threads. His driving Videos have been of great help amongst which I've picked and choosed various planned mods that would work on my version of diesel Lupo.

My tyres are currently pumped to 5psi below their max side wall and I monitor them weekly. I had a time over winter where I had to release some pressure to get some grip when the snow came down and I could really feel the car drag and hated the feeling.

The car already has a partial under-tray already fitted by VW covering the engines underside so I think I will just extend this back to the rear of the car along with using a set of 30mm lowering springs over the option of an air dam but that is still a point I'm undecided on.

The 3-cylinder is indeed rough at idle. It might not be the remap and might just be it's nature even with the balancer shafts to sound like a bucket of nails but every indication shows the car is healthy.

Pics will follow when my post count allows me to but I hope to get a fuel log going soon. Stay tuned.