View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
racerc2000
EcoModding Lurker

Elle - '10 Honda Element SC
aeromod+cooling idea thoughts?

this is what I have right now.

my thoughts are as usual. grille blocks etc. but I wanted to take it a step farther and wanted to know what you guys thought.

the red would be the grille blocks. the blue would be the mustang mach1 under bumper lip
the yellow would be the air inlet (with a lip across the front the sides are flat on oem bumper and under the grille its a 45 degree angled back section)

I was thinking of cutting a slot in the 45 degree section (I can make a duct box to direct it to the radiator behind the bumper) and either open a slot in the cowl area or vents at rear of hood or fenders if better.

I plan on doing a full under belly pan. I know only testing can tell but do you think this will be adequate? and not just create more drag then before?

the upper grille is above the radiator so its doubtful its for cooling. the lower grille is only a half opening due to the bumper support blocking the lower half of it.

and also. I plan to block them with 1/4" smoked polycarb sheeting covered in mesh (to appear stock) would there be a large difference in doing this flush with outside of grilles or sunken like 2 inches like oem?

thanks in advance