View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
BackroadBomber
EcoModding Apprentice

Jenny - '02 Chevrolet Prizm Lsi
90 day: 25.82 mpg (US)

Crowley - '23 Ford Maverick XLT
90 day: 28.31 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
3. And since the internet wasnt invented yesterday, more than 1/2 the blame goes to the op. He tells us he bought a 4x4 for GOOD GAS MILEAGE!!!!!!????
4. And he did ZERO research to confirm his information??????
5. He knew what he wanted....AND IN 2011....he put all his faith in a salesman......please......help me here.
I didn't buy a 4x4 TO GET good mileage, I bought a 4x4 because I need one so I bought the one that gets the best mileage out of all the other 4x4 trucks on the market.
Anyways, I called the national number and the guy I talked to said its mandated by the government that the door jam sticker must be correct, and if it isn't I have a legal complaint and I should take it up with the dealer. So I went to the dealer today and after explaining my story to almost everyone the service tech said that the best he could do is change the sticker to match which is not what I wanted. Btw this was after he looked up my vin on the computer to confirm that I do, in fact, have 4.10 gears. He also looked up the original window sticker and it doesn't say anything about the axle ratio on it. So I went And talked to my salesmans partner, because he was off today and she went and argued with the service tech and came back out, took my phone number, and basically the general manager is going to call me within the next few days. The whole time I was there I was making sure I get the Point across that i don't blame the dealership and I don't think it's their fault, because it's really not. It's toyota's. When I bought my truck it was over 150 miles away and I told the service tech that if I'd have known it was 4.10's, I would have told my salesman to go find a different one or I would have bought a Colorado, because it was that much of a deal breaker