View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
BackroadBomber
EcoModding Apprentice

Jenny - '02 Chevrolet Prizm Lsi
90 day: 25.82 mpg (US)

Crowley - '23 Ford Maverick XLT
90 day: 28.31 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
You have wasted your time talking to the wrong people.
As i said....Talk to the GM or owner.

You have to present from a position of strength.
Would Bill Gates talk to the salesman. NO
Why? Because the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the salesman.
And we all agree that salesman are idiots.(kinda)
So that is who you want to present your case???

This is a 'class action' type of problem.
If the dealer fixes it on his own, he has admitted that Toyota is playing games or at least making a BIG error.
He wont step out on that over a plea from a salesman.
I talked to whom I was told to talk to. I was bounced around the dealership for an hour and a half talking to different people. And I'm glad I talked to the saleswoman, she's very pregnant and therefore has a very short temper and if it wasn't for her screaming at the service manager on my behalf he would have never agreed to talk to the GM to try to figure this thing out because he wouldn't really take me seriously and I was getting absolutely nowhere with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
much ado about nothing

Your window sticker says says 18 city, 20 highway. You are averaging 23mpg. You have nothing to complain about. There is no such thing as a 4x4 Tacoma with 3.31 gears. Never has been, never will be. You could have easily checked this on the toyota web site. Your truck is equipped with 4.1 gears because you have much taller tires than the RWD Tacoma.

Toyota didn't screw you.
I went on plenty of sites but honestly how was I supposed to know to check for something that specific, especially when I was told for a fact it had 3.31's? I had never owned a Toyota truck before let alone any foreign vehicle, and gear ratios were a specific question I had and also a main concern of mine so I asked when I went there and got an answer. It was obviously wrong, but how was I supposed to know that? It's easy to play the woulda coulda shoulda game but the fact is I was supplied incorrect information that swayed my decision positively into purchasing a new vehicle and I believe It should be corrected, however that may be (I honestly don't know how, but we'll.see) even if it's something little like giving me a awesome deal on a trade-in (would rather have an ex. Cab) I'm not really after money or anything like that, now it's just more so down to the principle of the issue.