View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #30 (permalink)
tjts1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackroadBomber View Post
I talked to whom I was told to talk to. I was bounced around the dealership for an hour and a half talking to different people. And I'm glad I talked to the saleswoman, she's very pregnant and therefore has a very short temper and if it wasn't for her screaming at the service manager on my behalf he would have never agreed to talk to the GM to try to figure this thing out because he wouldn't really take me seriously and I was getting absolutely nowhere with him.

I went on plenty of sites but honestly how was I supposed to know to check for something that specific, especially when I was told for a fact it had 3.31's? I had never owned a Toyota truck before let alone any foreign vehicle, and gear ratios were a specific question I had and also a main concern of mine so I asked when I went there and got an answer. It was obviously wrong, but how was I supposed to know that? It's easy to play the woulda coulda shoulda game but the fact is I was supplied incorrect information that swayed my decision positively into purchasing a new vehicle and I believe It should be corrected, however that may be (I honestly don't know how, but we'll.see) even if it's something little like giving me a awesome deal on a trade-in (would rather have an ex. Cab) I'm not really after money or anything like that, now it's just more so down to the principle of the issue.
You were given the incorrect information by a car salesman. You clearly knew what you were looking for, even asked the right question but you failed to look it up from a reliable source like the owener's manual, the window sticker, toyota web site, any of the Tacoma specific forums... the list goes on. He's a car salesman. His job is to sell you the car. I'm sorry you ended up with a vehicle you're not happy with but I don't think you can say that 'toyota screwed you'. I hope you find a satisfactory solution to the problem. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
You need to stick to the point of mis;abeling.
They need to replace the rear gear.
You need to get what you paid for.
And then he still needs to find a 3.31 front diff. Not going to happen.