View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 09:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
mechanic999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Hello,

Electrolysis is not very efficient -- it takes a lot more energy to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen.

Sooooo, how can an alternator that is being driven by a engine be gaining any energy? The laws of physics say it must be using more energy to produce the hydrogen, than can be gotten by burning the hydrogen.

One can use (unoxydized**) aluminum to split water -- you end up with hydrogen and aluminum oxide, and this could be used to power a car. But then you have to re-smelt the aluminum, which takes a fair bit of power -- more than you got out.

** Apparently, if you coat the aluminum pellets with gallium, it prevents them from starting to oxidize, and it does not interfere with the reaction with water -- and you can recover it before re-smelting the aluminum. I heard this on Talk of the Nation Science Friday, from a professor at Purdue University, IIRC.
MMM, I am not scientist, just mechanic so not quiet sure how much energy coming out or rquire to do the job. But I can give simple fact, this particlure kit is very simple design and you can look at one at my web
http://mechanic991.wetpaint.com to begin with.

Fact, I grounded one terminal and other to accessary fuse(10 amp) so devise operate when ignition is on. The devise drow about 3 amp, i can put on positive terminal for immediate HHO production, but i choose fuse cos i do not want HHO coming out while car is not on.

The alternator is just devise recharging battery and 3 amp extra won,t strain it for sure. Like, adding stereo system on car.

HHO come out second after i put key to accessary position and seems not too much effort to generate HHO.

My car got great kick for sure, so update me with your opinion.

In addition, forum adminstration drop me a line say that i better move to forum to debate things, so that i gonna do.

The Following User Says Thank You to mechanic999 For This Useful Post:
EggyD (08-27-2011)