View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Aggies, hmmm. I've noticed since being down here (South and South East Texas) that a an Aggie alum sticker and poor driving habits are too often related. Cut's back in front of me too soon on the highway . . Can't park between lines because only knows how to follow front wheels around (no awareness of vehicle starboard and no clue of vehicle pivot point off rear axle) . . likeliest to cut an intersection corner (out-of-lane during turn; enters oncoming lane during turn), etc. . No, not the worst group, but it's especially consistent when it's a pickup. I wait for a basic driving flaw and it's there every time. Conjecture: Ever since the first Aggie doctorate was awarded in recognition of proof that ice is formed of water success must have gone to the heads of even the C students. Or business students (is there a difference?)

Dave, is there a point along the temp chart where changes are made in how the truck is operated? I got you about frost and daylight, and want to be sure I get it about any other changes (since I wind up trying what you've tried, but have no "elbow rest" of daily commutes to back my considerations). The close relationship of temp and mpg, gas or diesel, is really impressive