View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Chevy Volt's for sale in all 50 states?

I showed up at the local electric auto association meeting last night to find out that one of the members had bought a Chevy Volt about 6 hours earlier! but what surprised everyone is that he was able to go to the Chevy dealership and bought it off the lot, no special ordering it from out of state, no waiting list, just picked one out of the handful that they had.
The reason that this was a bit of a surprise is that there wasn't any advertising saying that you could buy them now in Minnesota, apparently the dealership didn't even have a banner or signage saying that they had these cars, they were instead tucked around back, out of the way where you might find them if you searched around the lot and knew what you were looking for.
So in a room full of EV nuts, everyone was shocked that there was no press release, that it just happened...

My only thought as to why they would do it like this is that the people who really want to own a Chevy Volt are going to seek them out and that the more press that it gets the louder the nay-sayers are going to be, but if the people who really want them buy them they are going to create their own buzz and word of mouth advertising really is the best and that having people who are thrilled with their Volt out there talking it up really is the best way to counter act the bad press that has been put out there so far.

Also, it's a slick car, much nicer inside and more responsive then my boss's Saab 93 Turbo and about the same cost only with better mileage.