View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #72 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Progress update

The DC input card, DC output card, Analog input card, and analog output card are communicating to the PLC.
- 24 VDC was applied to each input and they all show up where they should.
- 24 VDC was applied to the output card. Each output was driven. The indicator LEDs lit and turned on the input that it was wired to.
- DC input 1 is a bit sensitive. When the output turns off, the input stays on. The output, as a solid state device, 'leaks' about 0.5 mA when off. This is the only input that shows ON when the DC outputs turn off. It does turn off when 24V is removed.

The analog output card worked fine, but is 0 - 10V output instead of 4 - 20 mA (which is what I thought I purchased ... my bad)
- The analog output card has no external power required. The outputs were varied from 0 - 100% and measured with a multimeter.

The analog input card does not appear to work.
- 15V, 5V, 0V and -15V was applied to the analog input card (combinations of 9V and 1.5V batteries in series packs, through small regulators where required). 2, 4, 8, 15, 20 and 22 mA were applied to each channel and the results read into the PLC. no indication was observed at the PLC. I SHOULD have observed under-range, 0%, 25%, 75%, 100% and over-range. The -15V was measured at -14.65V +15 was measured at 14.8V. +5V was measured at 5.01V. Two analog input cards were tested. The results were the same, so I expect a problem with my setup. Two failed analog cards is not very likely.

Encoder
No progress so far on the encoder card. It does not accept communication signals from the PLC thus far.

The AC input and output cards were not tested yet.

1771-IF - the analog input card - Dip Switches as received
- sw1 - L - R, off/open, on/closed, on, off, off = 1/4 off gives stand-alone, sw2 on = bcd, sw 3 on gives block transfer, sw5 off gives normal operation not calibration
sw2 all ON or closed = 4 - 20 ma range.
sw3 off, off, on, on, off, on, off, on, off, off = 4 - 20 ma with SW2 set as it is.

Change switch 1-2 to off for binary, SW1 = FFOFF
Leave SW2 = OOOOOOOO
Leave SW3 = FFOOFOFOFF

1771-IK - encoder card - switches as received
SW1 - OOOFO - Single xfer, x 1, counter mode, binary
SW2 - OFF - pullup resistor, float, filter out 50 Khz

Change SW1-4 to ON, for encoder mode.
So SW1 shows as OOOOO, for Single xfer, x 1, encoder mode, binary

change SW2 - pullup and pulldown as required

register 0 - 11, 0 - 4095.
bit 12 - 1 = fault
bit 13 - 1 = borrow bit
bit 14 - 1 = carry bit
bit 15 - 1 = home bit, marker high, home latch high

control word, bit 8 and 9, 00 - count, 10 - reset accum count to 0, begin count immediately, 01 - reset to 000 and hold there
15, 14, 13, 12 - 1 0 0 0 for control word

memory mapped. no block transfer