View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Frans
EcoModding Lurker

Many thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU View Post
Welcome. Your english is very good so don't worry. I'm not sure if the OEM Part # will be the same from the US
Thank you, I hope so

Quote:
Originally Posted by btracing View Post
Hi, from Nootdorp!

Good luck with the Eco Civic, any other plans?

@ 98 octane petrol, €1,83 per liter makes for $9,11 dollar per gallon in the States! True story!
Thanks, than you know and feel the situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybuck View Post
Welcome here! You will find good info.!
Prices are scary, so we all need to stretch what we can.

This latest round of price risings is changing my mind about selling my smallest motorcycle!
Sad but anything can sometimes help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Welcome to the site.

Congratulations on the nice Civic. Yeah bringing it back to stock will definitely help out with mileage. I'm no Civic expert though, but we have a few here that know quite a bit about them and can probably help out.
That would be great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
How common are salvage yards that sell used car parts? that is how I was able to buy a low cost, stock air intake, same with finding stock wheels, otherwise your car is getting old enough you might find other wheels that would work better from another vehicle but it's hard for a lot of us to know what vehicles were sold there that you can get used light weight aerodynamic wheels for.
Very common in the Netherlands. I found a website where one can see what kind of car they have affaileble for parts. But the USDM Civic EG has been sold very bare-stock. No alloy wheels here.

Would be interesting to find out if the USDM one has magnesium wheels?