View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
FX2.3
Saving Those Greenbacks

Snowy - '02 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 23.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemooer View Post
looks good man. Try what i did last week, i got a bunch of the plastic license plate inserts from a dealer[well my work] luckily mine were already black so i didn't have to paint them to blend. I just zip tied them into the honeycombs. i'll post a pic tomorrow
Might try it, need pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam728 View Post
Looks good,now just ditch those fender flares!

I don't know what size plastic you are looking for, but I was at Ace Hardware this weekend and they had some pretty heavy duty signs for cheap. I'd say they were at least 3/16" thick plastic, some as large as 18"x24".

Are you correcting the speedo for the smaller tires?

I kinda went thru the same thing with my old S-10. Started stock, then ~1.5 inch lift with 235-75-15 tires on HEAVY steel wheels. Then it got a makeover and dropped 2" lower than stock with stock aluminum wheels and 245-60-15's, and put an airdam back on it. Acceleration at low speeds improved very noticably just from reducing the wheel weight. Mileage went up from 27ish to around 30 mpg. And I quit beating it up trying to off-road it.

Why does everyone hate on the flares?

I took her offroad more when she was stock, but because she is my dd, I didnt want to break her.. I had some 15x8 soft 8 steelies that weighed 28lbs EACH

I hope I can get 27mpg city, and the tuner will fix the speedo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post
Worse case scenario, google select products. They are local to me and are electronics suppliers, they sell ABS plastic by the sheet in varying dimensions and will ship if necessary.

www.selectproducts.com

Hope it helps, plus they sell all kinds of other tools that some of you guys may find useful.

Sweet, never knew google did that!