View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
MikeCentury
EcoModding Lurker

PurpleFit - '13 Honda Fit Sport
90 day: 34.52 mpg (US)
Cool, thank you for the info. Yeah it will be nice to finally see the engine rpms and have an average mpg on hand to learn to drive better, i'm sure its not 100% accurate, but by seeing the rpms and having the mpg readout I can try improve my driving skills so that will be nice. I was looking into ways of blocking the front grill without it looking really bad, im going to read the forums and see ways others have gone about it. I checked into the moon cap hubcaps, but jeez they are expensive! The factory hubcaps are pretty nice, so i may leave those on or experiment with the pizza pan option.

I've already learned quite a bit just from browsing this site, before I used to let my car idle until the temperature gauge was at operating temp, now I just drive softly until it reaches operating temperature. I'm sure that will help a bit as well. I'm going to give this car a few months to see if I can improve the fuel economy a decent ammount, if not I probably will sell it off and get an older honda or toyota of sorts.