View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
02ws6
EcoModding Apprentice

Went down to Dads to work on the car this weekend and the original plan was to stab the transmission on the engine and work on getting the wiring complete and dropping the engine in the car. Well, things didn't quite go as planned.. lol..

The more and more I looked at the engine bay the more I just didn't like the rattle can looks of the paint flaking off and then that ugly hood.. So I ripped everything out of the engine bay that would make it feasable to spray some new paint..

At 2am I wound up with this.. As I took this pic I thought to myself, "What the he!! have I done??" Then laughed it up and went to bed..

Some random pieces that will be cleaned up and painted.. The work just keeps piling up..lol.

While some of the primer was drying I replaced the taillights on the car with some year correct 90-91 junkyard gems.. Really happy with how the car looks from the rear now..

88-89 (Before)

90-91 (After)

This is what dad texted me with monday afternoon. One more coat will be applied. The passenger side shock tower isn't gonna be hit yet since I found some sweet JBweld covering a crack.. I guess this car used to sit so low that the control arm had busted into the shock tower.. That'll have to be massaged out and welded in the coming weeks. Fixing all this B-boy crap gets annoying at times..

Here's a pic of the beater last week.. I found it funny..

Last edited by 02ws6; 04-03-2012 at 08:04 PM..