View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
jjackstone
Master EcoModder

@NachtRitter..answer to your other question. I have the height on the front so that I can just see over the top. Doesn't take too long to get used to judging where things are in front of me. If I am not sure I just slow down.

Thanks Frank. I can already tell some improvement after just a full week of regular riding. My legs are coming back more quickly than I expected. As I stated earlier, I am already riding at the same speeds as I was last summer and I am definitely not in racing shape right now. Plus I don't have a canopy on yet. I understand they help a good amount.
There are a couple of design flaws in my opinion. The front is a little more pointy than I wanted it(inexperience and in a hurry). Due to needing to take the fairing past the wheels(so that I could both make tight turns and split the frame easily when needed) I think there is way too much frontal area. The other thing I'm not thrilled with is how low I had to bring the fairing to the ground to clear my feet. The lowest point is right at 1 1/2" and I believe it's crunching the air flow a bit underneath.

JJ