View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
hzoltaan
EcoModding Lurker

seems to be hard to get a broken down beast of grinders... I'll try my luck on the fleahmarket this weekend. I saw ppl selling old/broken power tools...

I might just end up with a friction drive. At least with that I'd get a picture of the RPM under load. Planning the drivetrain would be straightforward after that.

About the electrics.
I'm planning a precise charger for the batteries. I found a charge controller, UC3906, which seems to be up top the task pretty well.

My problem is that i did not find a schematic which would be able to charge bigger batteries, and I would want something more than 1-1.5A maximum current. (battery pack will be 2x 24Ah @ 20h 12 batteries in paralel)

I got the datasheet for the batteries and with the datasheet of the UC3906 I'm able to plan the thing, but I'm a bit lost at the power switch part. It was too long ago I last dealt with transistors... So If somebody could tell me taking a look at the datasheets, weather the chip will be able to control 10A with a BDW94C darlington, I'd really appreciate that.
I guess it can handle it, but better not fry the chip, right?