View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Well I'm giving it the good ole college try here in my city. I have sent a lengthy email to my mayor describing my accomplishments with the Vibe and how these types of changes can help save the city millions in fuel costs. Of course I pitched it as a position within the city where I would sit as manager, but if we took our experiences and broke it down to a game plan, it would work, work efficiently and truly start making an impact. In fact in my letter to the mayor I described it as starting with one department, evaluating the results then spreading out to the entire city fleet one department at a time. I also included a section on how to make the city as eco friendly as possible. For example, changing the blinking hand at crosswalks with countdown crosswalks so motorists could better prepare for the changing lights.

I am awaiting an answer, but if my own city mayor dismisses the idea I'll simply continue on from city to city or county until someone bites. I figure a 2% savings in a counties fuel budget has to be millions ... money that can go back into EDUCATION to start teaching the maniacs coming out of high school ..

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???