View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
scifi
EcoModding Lurker

I drive the same distance a day plus the same miles exactly 30 each way from my shop, there is each way a country road of 3 miles for warm up going 20 mph then 35 mpg each way then onto a highway, the speed limit posted is 65, I go 60 mpg each way no variance I do however get better milage to the shop than from w/o the vortex I get 31.8mpg to the shop and 29.3 back home. I live in the ozarks and theres a few hills, anyway with the vgs I got on the first try up from the shop 34.4 mpg of course I was sceptical this is the show me state you know, and I kept my notes in a book and used the Kiwi mpg meter on trip mpg and reset it each time so everything remains the same. well on my way to the shop I got 33.1 mpg I had to go to another shop to pick up something a 10 mile sidetrip, so on the return trip just last night I got 36.1 mpg went by the groceries store and them stopped for gas when I got home because of the stops I was at 35.2 mpg! Ill let you know shortly of any other results thanks again. Oh almost forgot I have 10 vgs on the back on the roof just before the spoiler [now I know why they call it a spoiler it screws up any airodynamics mine sits above the roof line so its more of a wind catcher, oem style of course] the center vgs are at 15 degrees as well as the next outer ones the next are at 10 degrees the next at 5 degrees and then 0 degrees

Last edited by scifi; 02-23-2012 at 04:24 PM..