View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 12:14 AM   #121 (permalink)
eq1
EcoModding Lurker

Although the superbrain does the basic job, I found it a little wanting. Some of the quirks make it less than optimal. For example, you program it to do multiple cycles with a 20 minute rest between discharge/charge, with no trickle. You don't need a rest period after the last charge - but if you want to see your data for all the cycles, you have to wait that 20 minutes. There's no "no trickle" setting... The fact that you can't stop the charger, pause it, maybe change a setting, or something like that, is plain dumb. The whole data readout stuff is just wonky...

I was looking into another option, something by Revolectrix called CellPro 8. It's like $250 but allows data logging and other stuff from your computer. I think you need to have/buy a power supply separate, and maybe some other options. It's more expensive but probably worth it. I got the superbrain for ~$90 shipped, which is good. It's almost worth it to buy 2 so you can do 2 sticks at a time. In fact, I should've done that... The process is just too long and tedious... If I knew I were going to do say 3 or more packs it'd probably be worth going for the CellPro set up...