View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
nlc
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterb View Post
I like the idea of using a smartphone as your display for your BMS. All you would have to do is develop the app that would act as the interface and have it read the BT input then calculate and display the information.
I see the thing in an other way, the display intelligence in the mother board and the screen just receive print and graphic commands. The advantage is to have minimum intelligence in the screen, thus it works only as a terminal. Thus the smartphone application is really simple, it just receive and execute print command, and send X/Y of the display touch action. By the way, there is alway just one firmware to release. I work I is for a customer and for the same product it can propose different screen options, or use a PC application to act as interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterb View Post
I've played with a little code for the PIC uC, and i've got a few programs I've developed that has a LCD that would display the information from the ADC and from other inputs. Only one of my programs has given me any trouble and that's the calculation of temperature from a temp sensor using the ADC. I've got some of my ideas on a forum called Electro-Tech Online. sorry if I hijacked your thread.
No problem !! But difficult to answer without having the complete explanation about the problem