View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
IWantHX
EcoModding Lurker

00 Civic Ex vs 00 Civic Hx MPG?

Hey guys, I am new here and new to trying to get the best MPG I can. I drive a 95 Civic Ex fully loaded coupe with d16z6 vtec, intake, header, exhaust and a little suspension work. I used to want to make my civic faster, but now I really dont care too much about hp, and am more concerned with MPG.

I'd really like to upgrade from my 95 to a 99-00 civic coupe. I am considering either a 99-00 Civic EX coupe automatic, or a 99-00 Civic HX coupe automatic (CVT). I have tried looking for MPG info regarding the Ex coupe and Hx coupe but cant find any concrete info.

I am considering the Ex coupe because it has all the options I like. d16y8 vtec, a/t, large 4 wheel disc's/abs, ac, ps, pw, pl, moonfroof etc....
I am considering the Hx coupe becuase of the MPG, d16y5 vtec-e, cvt and the fact it has more options than a Dx coupe, pw, pl, tach etc...

Now my question. What are the average mpg of a 99-00 civic ex coupe automatic and the average mpg of a 99-00 civic hx coupe automatic cvt?

If there is only like a 5 mpg differance I may just go with the Ex since I would likely swap alot of Ex stuff onto the Hx. If there is more than a 5 mpg differance I may go with the Hx, and slowly start swapping Ex parts onto the Hx. i.e. brakes, ac, ps, door panels with tweeters and maybe factory power sunroof.

What is the average MPG of the EX auto, and HX CVT?