View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
MPGranger
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '10 Ford Ranger XL
Pickups
90 day: 33.74 mpg (US)

Hershey - '13 Nissan Altima SL
90 day: 28.68 mpg (US)

Midas - '10 Toyota Prius two
Thanks for all the replies.

AJ- I love wagons, my wife's Mini Clubman is the third I've owned in a decade worth of driving, but the car is for my wife so she can shoot anything down and she HATES wagons.
But she's okay with Hatchbacks/Crossovers/SUV?? I don't understand it either, but I did use your cargo space argument on her.

As for the Prius V, it would be on the top half of what we wish to spend on a new vehicle. I didn't post the $20k to $30k price range and so far nobody has violated it by suggesting an impractical luxury hybrid. But my wife considers it a wagon plus the higher price makes it an uphill battle for it.

Of course, I might just make her test drive one and try to put the stroller in it and imagine our dog (fully grown) next to it. That might be better persuader than my words.

Also, I know that the US Government has a $7.5k rebate for electric vehicles, does anybody know what, if any, the rebate for a hybrid would be? I know that Hummers got a rebate as Farm Equipment! (like any self respecting actual farmer would drive that crap!)

Check out my facebook page, if you feel like watching my progress.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MPGran...007268?sk=wall