View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
I had similar issues, but due to working a midnight shift 10 hours a day, 8 days in a row, and a 45-50 min drive to work. Driving home I would be tired and be bright outside. Tried several tricks (loud radio, window down (winter), etc and nothing worked that great. Lately I found if I eat some sort of snake, I'm not only more alert, but I feel less sleepy. I eat things like combos, jolly ranchers, etc. Energy drinks help as well, but $2.50+ each, it gets costly.

Driving sleepy is not only risky for you, but others. I was in a wreck about a month ago from carbon monoxide poisoning (exhaust leak on a car I don't normally drive) where I passed out, went across the road, and ended up in the ditch waking up to a nice driveway and an airbag to the face. No one injured, and the driveway was fine, but could have ended in a head on with both drivers dieing.

*On Topic*

I may have found what caused my MPG gain while following my dad, my engine retards the timing when it is on a low load at a given speed which oddly gives me around a 15-20% increase in MPG at 45mph while I can maintain it.

I was wondering about the "snake" eating helping you stay awake. Then it dawned on me you were actually referring to a snack.
A sugar rush is good for a few miles.

regards
Mech

Last edited by user removed; 03-02-2012 at 08:00 AM..