View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Debonair
EcoModding Lurker

Camaro - '00 Chevrolet Camaro SS
90 day: 16.18 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevrolet S10 LS
90 day: 15.84 mpg (US)

Formula - '99 Pontiac Firebird Formula
90 day: 21.14 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post
Honestly, read BamZipPow's thread. I know Phil has a very nicely done Toyota as well, but don't know if he has a thread on it. After an election go to the campaign headquarters and ask if you can have some extra signs. The bigger, the better. They're made of coroplast and that will be extremely easy to make aero mods with. I installed a front belly pan on my Probe in an afternoon with nothing but coroplast, zip ties and a box cutter.
Good thing its election year I could make it with that, then either leave it, or use it as a template if it go for some sort of metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Aluminum wont rust but it will cause the steel its touching to rust like crazy, I have to break down my trailer and repair steel that is starting to rust heavily because its been in contact with aluminum plate for 3 years.

For a truck under body I plan to go with galvanized sheet steel or something nonmetalic like plastic or fiber glass.
how durable would the fiberglass be? or is it gonna be (as strong as you make it sort of thing) plus how would it hold up with the exhaust pipes being over it?

and whether i go with galvanized steel or aluminum, should i just put some sort of bushing all around? kind of like weatherstripping or something