View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Snowman9000
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
Just crank over that Duramax and throw in all the golf bags you want.

(Am re-reading CapriRacer's "Revived" tire thread in the Tech section over at WOODALLS -- an RV forum -- and thought, snowman, I know that name.)

Welcome again. Big overlap between all aspects of family fuel use, whether by dollars "invested" and by fuel measure "consumed". Can't dissociate one from the other as they've become the same.

Food for thought:

Might also consider that a high mpg TV and highly aero luminum TT can be a better choice (in some respects) for overall economy: longevity as well as lowest fuel burn.

And eliminating a run around errands car is the biggest savings of all when the TV solo mpg is high.

Funny, when I look at the post I only see the first sentence??? But when I quote, I get all of the above??

(Edit: Ah, now I see, you were editing your message. )

Thanks, yes I am the same guy on the RV forum!

We definitely are keeping our options open re an Airstream trailer. We want to travel all over the country, and it bugs me to get 10.5 MPG with our current combo. I sort of have a goal of having a 15 MPG combo without giving up much room. I actually would like to get a View or Navion Sprinter-based motorhome, they do get that mileage.

I just want to have an econo-box so I can feel good about running around, hopefully getting 35-40 MPG. I have a 2003 Honda Pilot for running around now, and get better MPG than anyone has a right to expect from it.

In the woulda coulda shoulda category, I once owned a Metro XFi and didn't hang onto it. It would be great for what I do with a car now.