View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
I gave up on the idea of HHO being a practical solution when I did some research and found out that one liter had the energy content of 1 and 1/2 wooden matches.

I don't think an olive branch which includes a demand for apologies from others who have their own personal experiences and unique fields of knowledge, is really an olive branch. A gift with strings attached is not really a gift.

While I think there may be some benefit to using modern computer systems to micro manage engine operational parameters, when you use open loop as the core of your strategy, I get concerned about the elimination of closed loop and the emission requirements and legal ramifications of such elimination. Potential fines and possible Felony charges.

Personally I think the throttle restriction should be eliminated altogether, along with any control which results in anything but best BSFC operation. I guess that is because my preferred design would eliminate any direct connection between the engine and drive wheels altogether. It could be a direct connection, but only when the load demands on the vehicle were coincidentally at the precise point where best BSFC was where the engine could handle the load, and your capacitive storage was depleted.

Trying to find a more efficient way to make an engine more efficient seems to me (and me only) to be an exercise in futility, kind of like a band aid on a cancer, when the best solution is to cure the cancer, by eliminating anything but full atmospheric pressure as the pressure available to the cylinder (unless you supercharge either mechanically or with exhaust gasses) any time the motor is running. If the system does not need that much power, then capacitive storage of previously created energy reserves would continue to propel the vehicle, until the engine would be restarted to replenish the capacitive storage. On at best BSFC or off, all or nothing.

Internal P&G without using the vehicle for the storage (P&G), which requires constant fluctuation in speed, compared to internal capacitive storage (accumulator or capacitor), which eliminates the fluctuation in speed.

Any incremental increase in efficiency that could be added to the existing peak of any engine you choose for power, would only increase the overall MPG of the vehicle above and beyond it's present state. It would also be much easier to accomplish when you were only facing a very narrow range of fairly high load and RPM. Even the pistons and connecting rods could be redesigned as well as virtually every other component of the engine itself.

Ultimately you would have a much better chance to actually achieve homogeneous charge compression ignition of gasoline and very possibly the total elimination of any after treatment of exhaust gas altogether.

While I (just me) am convinced we will see that pathway eventually achieved, it does seem like there are few who really understand the potential, including many who have a much higher level of formal education than myself.

You see gentlemen, I can buy or borrow the knowledge of almost anyone who has spend decades in an education environment, show them my ideas, and get confirmation of my beliefs. That's a much better solution to me at age 61, than going to any major technical university for a few years to get to the level some seem is necessary to be relevant.

I spent $4000 to do just that at Virginia Tech. I got 8 students and a MIT Doctor of Engineering to look at my design. After a year they told me what I already knew. It would work, and it would work as well or better than anything existent in 2010. Nothing better has appeared since 2010, and not many people even try to understand the principle.

Oh yes the same design will work equally well with a battery and electric motor as the energy provider for capacitive storage, without any current modulation necessary, just an on-off switch controlled by pressure levels in the accumulator or current levels in the capacitor. Everything exists today and does not depend on any future developments. When future developments become reality the system will just become that much more efficient, but right now the potential for 80-100% improvement in mileage in every motor vehicle on the planet.

Exists TODAY.

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
mort (03-03-2012)