View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
drmiller100
Master EcoModder

Where is the moderator?

I'm going to take some credit for keeping my replies civil, and of course Ken has kept his civil as he is a more mature person then I.

But a moderator should move the HHO stuff over to the Unicorn Corral.

Theory on life, and politics. I differ from Ken. I believe acedemia ruins creativity, and in particular Engineers are trained and indocrinated to follow industry standards and copy pre existing solutions with slight variations.

Think about bridges - no one wants a new and creative way to design a bridge. Everyone wants a proven design which is guaranteed to work with a huge adversity to risk.

People like Old Mech, and I believe myself, come up with new solutions. Old Mech has not been trained by acedemics to follow the norms, and I refuse because I am weird. I think Ken is like me - he tries new things in new ways to just to do it.

People like us will come up with new and radical ideas, most of which will fail, but a very few will revolutionize the solutions available.

We will do this by TRYING things out, not by parroting other dreams not based on Unicorn Farts and false physics.

So to the other dreamers out there, step up. TRY THINGS. You learn so much more by TRYING