View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #35 (permalink)
BarelyAWake
EcoModding Apprentice

You guys are so far ahead of me lol, I've only given the vaguest of considerations to the thought of a velomobile conversion as of yet & TBH, I've been coming up with more problems than solutions, like difficulty in getting in/out of the thing, overall length & ofc cost/construction.

Please don't take me wrong though - your discussion & suggestions are greatly appreciated and valued! I really do like the Quest shape for example, it's just even best case scenario it won't be till next winter that I can realistically consider taking on a project like that, even then I suspect I'll need some redesign & modification - though I'm really hoping I'll get most of that sorted this summer.

For now I'm still in the midst of the admittedly boring wiring & control configuration, which has been going slowly for a coupla reasons, mostly because I'd like to get it right the first time - but I've also had to divide my attention, my other bikes have become jealous lol so I'm building a new motor for the '43 Rollfast & just trying to keep my poor winter beater Schwinn in one piece... with over 10,000 miles on a POS box store bike, that's becoming interesting, perhaps even an exercise in futility heh

Still, there's been some progress to report - I finally figured out how/where to mount the taillight/brake light/blinker unit (very pleased w/it's astounding brightness), upholstered the breaker panel & mounted it (though it still lacks the needed heat shield), but probably the most time consuming yet least interesting was making the lighting and accessories wiring schematic, which once it's finalized with however many corrections/revisions/additions it needs - will be printed on sticker stock & stuck... somewhere under the seat so I don't loose the silly thing