View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
yugomodder
EcoModding Lurker

Please let me know your thoughts as to what changes I could make, as well as your estimates of how much these modifications would reduce drag.
According to the 65+ modifications; even a simple grill block should decrease drag by 5% or so, a simple belly pan should do the same, as well as a diffuser, and a kammback should give 5-10%. This nose redesign should give considerably more drag reduction than a simple grill block, especially considering what I'm starting with, the bellypan should be able to be very flat considering there is no longer an exhaust or other ICE parts, and I should be able to make a reasonable diffuser and Kammback. Now considering a stock Yugo has a drag coefficient of around 0.4, this isn't going to be the most streamlined car ever. But then again I'm not going for a 0.17 Cd like the aerocivic or anything like that but some drag reduction would be extremely helpful.

If I could get the drag coefficient down to normal car territory it should really help alleviate load from the batteries.